Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend Update

Yesterday, we spent the afternoon at Central BlueState PrideFest, in CapitolCity.

At this point, we're really over the "Oh my Gawd! Gay people! Stuff with rainbows on it! Must buy!" reaction that we had to our first couple of Prides, but we still enjoy going, if for no other reason than to see lots of people that we know.

We always say "We haven't seen you since Pride last year. We should really get together. Oh, we'll definitely do that!" But of course, we never seem to manage it.

On the other hand, are some people whom we've not seen in years, except at Pride, and we're really just fine with that.

For the past four years I've either been in charge of or helped with a booth, for one thing or another. I really enjoy that, because you have a place to sit, and shade, and a "headquarters" and you get to talk to lots of people about something that you care a lot about. (Three of the booths were political, one was for a camping club.)

On the other hand, it was kind of nice this year to just mosey up there when we got around to it, rather than having to be there early and set up everything up before the gates opened. It was also nice to just wander around a bit, sit down and chill out when we wanted, and then leave when we got tired.

When we got back into town, we went out to dinner and as soon as we got home, I fell asleep on the couch until morning.

I woke up around 7:30 am and found Shrike up already. I piddled around for about an hour, saw that she'd gone back to sleep on the couch, and decided I'd do the same.

I slept until about 10:30, then got up for another hour or so, and went back to sleep.

I got up that time when the rain outside got nasty and the thunder got really loud.

Since then, we've just been lazing around; about the only thing we've accomplished was watching a movie that we got from Netflix weeks ago, but hadn't gotten around to.

We're thinking of going out to dinner in a while, but we'd have to get showered, and would have to stay awake for another few hours.

So we might blow that off.

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh yeeeahhhh, my kinda day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update to the update:
    We did go out to dinner, having finally managed to get showered and dressed.

    When we got home around 7, I got right in the bed. We talked there for an hour or so, until I fell asleep again.

    After having had a rather quiet dinner, Shrike said, while we were in bed, "This is nice; why didn't we talk like this while we were eating?"

    I told her, "Because then, we were using all our energy to sit up."

    Anyway, went to sleep around 8:30 or so, then woke up at 1:30 am.

    Hungry.

    Ruh roh.

    Now I'm up.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?