Monday, June 4, 2007

No Real News, And Yet. . . .

I'll continue to babble on.

Neither my doctor nor her nurse was in today, so one of them should return my call tomorrow. Then, I can get my latest list of questions answered, including those about exactly when we need to tell the gentleman callers to arrive.

Then, I'll call the gentleman caller bank and place our order. Woo Hoo!

I did get a call back from the reproductive endocrinologist who is right down the block from work. I explained the situation, and we left it that if we're not successful on this attempt, I'll give them a call as soon as we find out. They'll get me in for an appointment, asap, and they should be able to have me ready to go for that cycle.

One good thing about being a little later than I expected is we should be back home from Texas before I ovulate in July (if I do) so that's nice.

I updated to ED2 on the situation, including my revised estimated ovuluation date (Thursday June 14, in a "textbook" world).

That could be a bit of an issue, in that our monthly big-meeting-with-everyone-from-around-the-franchise is scheduled for that Friday morning, and I'm scheduled for my one-Saturday-a-month on the 16th.

Her reaction was "well, we're thinking of rescheduling that meeting anyway" and "you've only got three students coming in to test on that Saturday, we can push that to the next weekend - or, school's out, so maybe they can come during the week..."

Not even a suggestion that I might schedule the insemination around work.

Remember, this is the woman who's been through in vitro - twice.

So, when I talk to my doctor tomorrow, one of the things I'll be asking about is the size of the "window of opportunity" and whether, if I were to "surge" on Thursday or Friday of next week, I'd need to rearrange my work schedule for Friday / Saturday morning, or if it would be fine to just do it in the afternoon.

In other news, I still feel like crap - snotty, sneezy and fevery. Blech.

ED2 let me leave work a teeny bit early, which was very nice. However, when I got home, we still had to hit the grocery store. I would have loved to have postponed that, but the cupboards were really quite bare.

I did check the sales, and use coupons, and saved a total of about $35, but did a little more "convenience" type foods, and a lot less "ingredients" than I was for a while there. I've not quite figured out when / how to cook, now that I'm back and work, and getting home so late so many evenings. I need to work on that.

We did make one kind of exciting purchase at the grocery store. Although they didn't have the digital ovulation predictor kit that I want to use (I will check at the drug store tomorrow), we did buy a package a 3 pregnancy tests, supposedly accurate "5 days before you miss your period" because, despite what my doctor tells me, I know there's no way I'll be able to wait 15 days for a blood test!

1 comment:

  1. A timing tip on crockpot cooking. I have put everything together in the evening and then put it in the fridge overnight so I can just start it in the AM and have it ready when I get home.

    If you do, let the crock sit out a bit to warm up between the fridge and cooking so the temperature shock doesn't crack the crock.

    Just pull it out when you get up and then start the heat before you leave.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?