Sunday, April 22, 2007

Appliance Update

Well, we picked out the washer and it will be delivered Wednesday morning.

It's not the one that Shrike "fell in love with" (yes, she used those words) during her Internet research, but she can live with it.

And no, it is not the washer pictured here. Thats the one that I fell in love with in Lowe's. I will buy just about anything if it's cobalt blue.

(You can't tell in the photo, but the grill shown in the next post is cobalt, as well.)

I mooned over this little beauty and its companion dryer for few moments, realized that the set, plus the little drawer thingies that you put under them, so you don't kill your back with all the bending to get clothes in and out through the door would be damn near $3000, and moved on.

Maybe after we win the lottery.

The one that we did get was only a bit over $350, including delivery (and taking the old one) and tax, so that's really not bad. Much better than I'd feared.

I'm not thrilled to spend $350 on a washer, but it's new and should last a long time, so it's an investment.

It's better that it happened now, while we've got the money available, than later, after we deplete our savings buying, um, Gentleman Callers.

Also, if we have to have a laundry crisis and be unable to wash for a few days, that's better to happen now, too, rather than later, when we've got the poopie diapers piling up!

5 comments:

  1. Gentleman Callers?? That's what you're going with?? Okey dokey!

    Happy for you over the washer-

    Are you excited about work tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, Toni, you can be sure that we have our tongues planted firmly in our cheeks when we say "Gentleman Callers."

    It's funny, and fun to say, but we really can't take it seriouly.

    All the more reason, of course, that it will probably end up being the term that we use most often.

    Because we're silly like that.

    Work, hmm...I know I ought to be excited, but no, I'm really not.

    Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I have a job, and I'm thrilled that I'll have insurance soon (not soon enough) and then we can get to work on baby-making.

    But, the actual going to work and all, not so much with the excitement, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not real excited aboutit either. Oh well. Day-to-day grind, I guess. Sure am going to miss having you around. We do what we have to do, I guess. CAn you feel the enthusiasm pouring out over here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pathetic are we?

    "Wah, I need a job!"

    "Wah, I don't want to go to work!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can completely understand. My 'dream job' is doing absolutely nothing and getting paid extremely well to do so. Apparently, none of those exist. Life sucks! Hope you have a wonderful first day! It'll be ok- just wear your big girl panties!

    Shrike- funny- when I went back to school full time the Hubs pretty well thought that sucked also. He liked me being home. Not that he's a caveman- just if he called- let's go to lunch- we could. Oh yeah, and he always had clean clothes!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?