Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Whew!

Well, my had my two job interviews today and I survived.

I think things went pretty well with the interview for the state position, and I liked the people who interviewed me.

(Executive Director and Deputy Director, who would be my bosses, of course. There was also an HR person there, and I liked her just fine, too, but I wouldn't be working with her, so that's not really relevant.)

They seemed to like me well enough, too. I hope. The ED seemed particularly interested in my combination of "people skills" and "technical skills" and how I might be able to help them out on the tech side, in addition to what's currently in the job description.

It will probably be at least a week or two before they make a decision, so I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a while longer!

The second interview turned out to be something that I'm probably not interested in, but since it was a staffing agency, I went ahead and gave it my best shot, in case they've got something else that's more appropriate for me, or even some temp work until I've got a full-time position.

So, that's where that stands.

Physically, I'm a bit sleepy, since I got up earlier than usual, but mentally and emotionally, I'm wiped out and really wishing I didn't have a meeting to go to in an hour. Ack.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it went well! will continue sending out good mojo vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding me- you didn't have to, I'm not like that! It an individual choice ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, but I'm enjoying reading it, so I thought everyone else should, too.

    (You know, all my adoring fans, who hang on my every recommendation. :-) )

    ReplyDelete

What say you?