Thursday, March 29, 2007

Tag Yourself Meme

I asked Toni to tag me for this interview meme.

Here's the deal. If you want to be "tagged" just let me know in the comments, and I'll send you five questions to answer on your blog. Let me know when they're posted and I'll link to them from here.

Here are Toni's questions for me:

  1. What is one thing you do to unwind from an extremely stressful day?
    Whether or not my day is particularly stressful, I enjoy a good, hot bath. I prefer to have something to read while I'm in the tub, even if it's just a catalog. I like to add something to smelly-up the water, but have a hard time with the idea of paying $5 for one bath worth of smelly-stuff. I'd just as soon get the big bottle of bubbles from the dollar aisle at the grocery store, and have a month of baths for a buck!

  2. What was the all time best vacation you took? Why?
    Shrike and I went to Toronto for PrideFest in 2005.We stayed with my long-time friend Katr and her partner, Roro. Their condo was right in the heart of the Gayborhood, and we watched the parade from their living room. We also walked in the Dyke March (photos) and attended several other event. I had my honey, good friends, and civil rights. What more can a girl ask for?

  3. What is one goal you want to achieve this year?
    I would like to be pregant by the end of the year. First, I need to get a job and health insurance. Or have I already mentioned that?

  4. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol or non, or both)
    Ooo! I don't know that I really have a favorite non-alcoholic drink, maybe fancy flavory coffee? I'd say my favorite alcoholic drink would be a either a mudslide or a something in the chocolate martini family.

  5. What is your favorite indulgence?
    Hmmm, see above, re the hot baths and mudslides? I'm also all about sleeping late in the mornings, which some folks see as an indulgence. I guess I'd better start seeing it that way and really appreciating it while I still can!
If you want to play along, post a comment and I'll send you some questions!

4 comments:

  1. I'm giggling! 'Gayborhood'? Never heard that before, but it made me snort! 'Dyke March'- I thought the term Dyke was offending. It's not?
    Can't remember the last time I had the luxury of a bath! Enjoy while you can! Thanks for playing and I put up a link! It's actually hard to come up with the questions, at least for me it is. Challenged. That's me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a nice hot bath and a mudslide sound really good right now! Dollar store bubbles tend to set of the cost of the alcohol, too! (Thanks a lot Toni, you have me opening up Word just to do a spell check on my comments now! I even second guessed Word and looked at the back of my beer can to make sure I spelled alcohol right.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lots of cities have "Gayborhoods" but it is rather a clever name, isn't it.

    Hmm, "dyke" - it's one of those "reclaim the word and it loses its power to hurt" kind of things, you know?

    I can call myself a dyke, or a queer, but you can't.

    Doe that make sense?

    Dana - I'm all about the $1 bubbles and $7 wine! Actually, I probably haven't had a mudslide since before my gastric bypass surgery - not that I couldn't, but it's a lot of ice cream and chocolate syrup, ya know. (That being, pretty much, the reason it's my favorite.)

    But, yeah, the yummy martinis are pretty pricey, they are not on the menu at the moment.

    Maybe when I finally get a job I'll have one to celebrate!

    And, lol, re the beer can spell check!

    (If you can still read the tiny print clearly enough to make out the spelling of "alcohol," feel free to have another!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'I can call myself a dyke, or a queer, but you can't.' That what I thought. I hate to be left out. still giggling over 'Gayborhood'. The things you come up with! Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?