Friday, March 30, 2007

Nigeria, hmmm?

There must be some sort of scam afoot with all this "intrest in my lesson."

I've now heard from (supposedly) four different people from overseas, all of whom want me to teach their kids while they are on holiday in the US. All of the emails seem to follow a similar outline.

There's definitely something hinky going on.

But what???

From : (his name)
Sent : Friday, March 30, 2007 9:00 PM
Subject : INTREST IN LESSON


Hello,
My name is (his name) and I am a buisness man and I work full time as the designer director and recuitment manager with nigeria branch of Ozone clothing company. I am presently in Eindhoven Netherland on a buisness trip. and I am writing just to confirm if you still take the lesson you advertised on craigslist. If yes, i will also like to know if you will be available to take my daughter of 19years of age lesson for may 1st to june 30th 2007.

My daughter who just concluded her high school, would be coming to your city in usa for holiday for the whole of may and june and since i dont want her to be too idle,i have decided to enroll her in your lesson so as to widen her knowledge and keep her a bit busy. i hope a lessons of five hours every week would be okay for the two months since she is a beginner.

If this is okay with you i will like you to email me the fee for the monthly tution so that i can forward the estimate to my company who would be responsible for the payment and her flight ticket to usa.

I would appreciate if this is done at your earliest convenience so that advance payment can be made before her arrival on may 1st. also i will later arrange with her for the time of lessons.

I will like you to reply me as soon as possible so that if you will be available i can make arrangement for your payment so as to secure this dates and as a sign of seriousness. I am sorry i sent you an email instead of call,it is because i am in presently not in my country and i dont have long distant credit neither do i have acess to the phone.

Warmest Regards,
(His Name)
OZONE CLOTHING
(address)
SOUTH AFRICA
www.ozoneclothing.co.za

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... What EXACTLY did you offer for this 'lesson'? I'm not getting it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know!!!Please - if anyone has a clue as to what's going on here, please, please, please explain it to me!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?