Monday, March 12, 2007

Lazy Lasagna

As promised, here's my recipe for the Lazy Lasagna that we had for dinner this evening. I forgot to take a photo but, as discussed yesterday, it's some stuff in a casserole dish, with some cheese on top. I made a half-recipe in the square, clear casserole. Look at my previous food photos and use your imagination. :-)

Lasy Lasagna

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef

4 (8oz) cans tomato sauce

2 tsp Italian seasoning

1/4 tsp garlic

4 packets sweetener
(Or an equivalent amount of sugar. I think one packet = 2 teaspoons sugar.)

4 cups hot cooked noodles
(I use egg noodles. I guess any pasta would be fine.)

2 cups cottage cheese
(I use fat-free.)

2 cups mozzarella cheese
(Tonight I used Kraft™ Bistro Blend, or something like that. Mozzarella with basil and sundried tomatoes, I think?)
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9” x 13” baking dish w/cooking spray.
  2. In a large skillet, brown meat. Stir in tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic and sweetener.
  3. Stir in cottage cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and noodles.
  4. Pour mixture into baking dish, and top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella.
  5. Bake 35 minutes. After removing from oven, let set for 5 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I get my recipe from the bake of the lasagna noodle box. Classy, aren't I?

    You should check out my other blog, it's where I put all my recipes. Go to my profile page- I have a great baked potato salad- It's sooo not healthy, but I'm sure you can put your twist on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good stuff, and really easy. The magic ingredient is the sweetener (or sugar); it gives it that extra zing.

    I took at look at your recipes the other day, and I think I saw the baked potato salad. I'll have to look it over again, now that I'm the proud owner of 10 lbs (minus what I put in w/the beef) of potatoes!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?