Friday, April 23, 1999

Before the Blog: Ghosts of the Past

We enjoyed our day off together yesterday. While at my mom's the other night, I snagged some old family videos and made Shrike watch them - we even went back over and got some more last night. Shrike has seen my brother snd I in our 6th grade plays, mr on a TV quiz show from 6th grade and about 3 years of Christmas.

We really got a kick out of seeing exactly when my brother's voice changed and when he went from getting toys as gifts to getting clothes (sometime between Christmas 81 and Christmas 82).

I also had to call my dad at 11 pm (her mom's out of town, I'll have to talk to her later) to say, "I just called to apologize for being such a bitch when I was 13!"

As I told Shrike later, "I wish I'd seen this tape a few months ago - coming out to them would've been a lot easier - if they didn't kill me for talking to them like that back then -- being a dyke is nothing compared to that!"

All in all, it was pretty darn amusing - it was kind of cool to see everybody all young and skinny and sprightly!

Now Shrike is working on getting packed up to head for BlueState on Sunday. She's boxing up all the various parts of her computer, while I sit around saying, "Gee, honey, that looks kind of hard, you sure you don't want some help?"

Guess I wasn't too convincing with that offer to help, since she didn't take her up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?