Sunday, January 19, 2014

Mashed Potato Stuffed Meatloaf

Along with all the other shit-together-getting I've been trying to do, I'm working on actually cooking real meals as often as possible, mostly from what we already have on hand. I even made an actual meal plan! We're a week into it, and I think I've followed it almost every meal.

This evening, I made meatloaf, which I'm pretty sure I've never actually made before. I scanned Pinterest for recipes, combined a few, threw in some other stuff that sounded good, and voila!

I couldn't tell you the amounts, but I sure hope I can manage to reproduce it, because it was really good.

Meat Loaf
Ground beef (duh)
Bread crumbs (that I made from actual bread for another recipe a while back)
1 egg
Ketchup
Worchestershire
A bit of Zatarain's creole mustard
Onion
 Bell pepper
Celery
Grated carrot
Chopped fresh spinach
Garlic
Tiny bit of sage
Salt
Pepper
I think that's it? 
Mashed potatoes Potato (the last of the ones from the CSA farm last summer)
Butter
Milk
Garlic
Shredded Cheese

ToppingKetchup
Worchestershire
Brown Sugar
Put it together, as in the photos. Cook at 350° for 30 minutes, then add topping. Cook another 30 minutes or so, add a bit of shredded cheese on top and back in just until that's melted. Enjoy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?