Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pancake Pajama Party

We kind of screwed up yesterday afternoon. Peeper and I have both been feeling lousy for a few days, and I really could use some rest, so I lay down for a nap around 2:30, and Peeper joined me about an hour later. I woke up around 5 pm, and thought "Oh shit, we're never going to get her to bed tonight!"

I woke her up and took her to pee, then we found Shrike on the couch, sort of asleep. Peeper and I sat down on the other couch - and fell back asleep. Around 10 pm, I took her to potty again, and moved her to the bed.

After about an hour of nursing and coughing and flopping and sniffling, I finally asked her "Are you sleepy at all?" "No." "Are you awake?" "Yes." "Do you want to get up?" "Yes."

And, we were up.

Shrike was awake (she'd had a nap, but nothing like ours) and we decided what the hell, we'd make the most of it and go do something. Midnight, be damned!

So, we went to an all-night diner for pancakes in our pajamas. (Actually, they had pancakes, and I had chipped beef on toast, but that's not nearly as alliterative.)


Then we discovered that Kohl's was open 24 hours, so we popped in there, looked at some Christmas decorations, and I even bought one tiny gift for Shrike.

By the time we got back home, Peeper ran right her her bedroom, stripped down to her panties and hopped in bed. I made her go pee, of course, and then she hopped right back in bed. There was still some coughing and sniffling around, but it didn't take her too long to get back to sleep.

She slept til around 7:30, which is about her normal time, and they let me sleep til 9ish. We mostly spent today in our jammies, too, which we really needed.

1 comment:

  1. :D A public pajama pancake party? At midnight? It will probably be one of Peeper's favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?