Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Fall!

 We sort of accidentally stumbled into a nice little First Day of Fall celebration this evening.

Our CSA share this week included two small pumpkins, so Peeper got it in her head that we were going to make a pie. I was really hesitant because I didn't know where to start, when I stumbled upon a recipe for homemade pumpkin puree. The ingredients are "two small pumpkins."

Okay, fine. Here they are, all roasted, and ready to puree.


While I was in the kitchen, waiting on mini pumpkin pies to cook, Shrike was grilling up some chicken and veggies. I'm usually more of a wine gal myself, but it seemed appropriate to bust out the OctoberFest. The "cheers! click, and drink!" toast was Peeper's idea.


Grilled chicken, onions, peppers and tomato. I also roasted some potatoes and carrots, but they were still cooking when I took these photos.



We even had a little centerpiece on our table. Peeper and Shrike found these beautiful berries in our yard. Any idea what they are?


Apropos of the new season, we got a little chilly on the patio, so we moved inside to finish up dinner and have our pies. I think they were a hit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?