Saturday, August 3, 2013

That's It?

Peeper and I had a very full day, but somehow, thanks to full hands and a low phone battery, I only managed to get one photo, and it's not even a very good one.


We started off by attending a Carnival Family Fun Day hosting by a nearby La Leche League group, and participating in The Big Latch On.

Oddly enough, this was the first Big Latch On we'd been a part of, so I wanted to be sure to be there, in case it might be our last. (Although, at this point, I'd say odds are even on that.) A and J were there, too, so that was cool, and the girls enjoyed playing together. Unofficially, I think Peeper was the oldest kid latching, and J may have been the second oldest. Our location had 19 kids participating, but worldwide, there were 14, 536!

From there, we went to a birthday party for a little girl who lives down the road from us. We've talked to them a few times; once last winter, she and her mom came over and played in the snow while we were out front building a snowman. The little girl just turned four, and lives close enough that I'd almost let Peeper walk there alone now, if I were standing in the driveway telling her when to cross the streets. (Of course, she's on the other side of the road, and just into the next block, so there are two streets to cross.) That sounds like a relationship that it would be valuable to cultivate!

The party was at the playground area of the state park, so I had to avert my eyes while Peeper played, to avoid freaking out, especially when I accidentally noticed her climbing up the monkey bars to the upper level of the play structure, which is somewhere over my head. Deep breath.

We got there late, but we were in time for the pinata and cake, so that's cool. Afterward, Peeper and I waded in the creek for a while. Unbeknownst to her, I'd brought our swimming gear, in case she noticed the giant pool and wanted to go in, so I figured that getting away with changing into our waterproof shoes was a pretty good deal.

In the evening, we went to see the local kids' theater camp's production of The Little Mermaid. It was very good, especially for a bunch of kids who've only been rehearsing for a week!

The photo above is from when we were standing in line for popcorn before the show started. Yeah, I know. Pretty sad that that's the best I could do.

Someone was taking photos at the Big Latch On, though, so I'm hoping they might have gotten one of us nursing next to A and J.






No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?