Saturday, May 25, 2013

Summer Vacation

I've still got a couple of days to work, but this was Peeper's first day of summer vacation, not that you could tell it from the weather.

"I can do it! Help, I can't see!"


She and I bundled up and went to opening day at the local Farmer's Market, where we bought a jar of local honey, an $8 (down from $10) brick of local raw-milk cheese, and a bunch of radishes.


From there, we walked to the library, where we turned in some (overdue) books, played a while and checked out a new stack of books. Then we dropped the books off at the car and walked down to a little Italian cafe for lunch. While we were there, Peeper spotted the giant slices of cake and torte, but I wasn't about to buy us one of those, so I told her that after lunch, we could walk to the candy store for her to pick something out. Let's see, giant slice of chocolate torte right here, versus walk a couple of blocks for a bite-sized piece of candy. I can't believe she bought it!

After "dessert" we decided to head over to the children's art studio for a couple of hours of "open art." She played with toys, dressed up, and even actually did a bit of art. This is a painting of the sky, with thunder and lightning.



All in all, it was a lovely start to the summer. (Sweatshirts and all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?