Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Baking Cookies

Today's Christmas Countdown activity was to bake cookies. There will be more of this in the upcoming weeks, I'm sure.

Tomorrow is the last library story time until January, so we wanted to take a little Christmas gift to Ms. J, the children's librarian. Not only does she do a great job with the story time, but she's also been incredibly helpful with finding books for Peeper, and twice she's held back brand-new books that she thought she'd be interested in!

We're leaning toward just doing cookies or something similar for Peeper's teachers at school and dance class (there are a lot of both), but Ms. J is gluten-free, so I wasn't sure what to do.

Then Shrike said, "Why don't you make the gluten-free peanut butter cookies?"

But, of course! The World's Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies, made with only peanut butter, sugar, and eggs!

I'm sure that Shrike's brainstorm had nothing to do with the fact that they are like her favorite cookies in the world. I'm sure she was just thinking of Ms. J.

I didn't take any photos of us making them, but suffice it to say that Peeper helped, Peeper ate sugar - both brown and white - with a spoon, we both threw caution to the wind and ate the raw dough, and the ones that I sneaked were as delicious as always.

I hope Ms. J likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?