Monday, November 5, 2012

Election Eve

This is the photo I have, because this is about all I've seen of Peeper today.


Take a closer look at her night-night stories:


You can see the Nutcracker tucked away in the night stand, because we've not read it lately. The ones from tonight are The Presidents of the United States (Target Dollar Spot booklet), Make Your Mark, Franklin Roosevelt (Turning Point Books), and You're On Your Way, Teddy Roosevelt: A Turning Point Book.

I've not been around much yesterday and today (or tomorrow) because I've been up at the county Democratic headquarters, helping out with a local state house race, which is actually turning out to look like it's fairly close - which is amazing for a Democrat in our area.

The Obama folks have a separate office set up across town, and I debated about where to put in my limited time, but I decided to go with the local race where one person would have a bigger impact, and I'd be working with a lot of the folks that I already know from the local party.

I'd forgotten how much fun this is!

I don't know that I want to get involved again to the degree that I was (and certainly not just yet), but damn, those last few days of a campaign are exciting.

Let's just hope that I'm still as excited about it twenty-four hours from now!

Oh, and what will Peeper be doing tomorrow? We'll, she's hanging out with Mommy in the morning, while I spend an hour handing out cards at our polling place and then to headquarters to help oversee phone banking and "knock and drag" operations. They're going to the bouncy place with MOMS Club, then I'm getting her around 2 pm so Shrike can go to work, and she'll be tagging along as I drop off water and cookies to some poll workers (mostly so that I can drive her around a bit, and she can maybe take a nap), then back to headquarters, where I'll continue to help with phone calling (and putting out fires), and she'll (hopefully) play quietly on the iPad until the polls close.

Then, we'll stick around there for the party, watch returns, each, drink and (hopefully) be merry.

Peeper has a special outfit to wear to the party, but I don't want to spoil the surprise (and she might flake out on me), so you'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?