Friday, August 17, 2012

Unplugging


Shrike is off work tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, which is very rare for her.

If we had our way, we'd be taking off to some exotic and preschooler-friendly location for a real family vacation, which we've never had.

We've been to the beach with her family a couple of times and, of course, lots of Mama-Peeper trips to Texas, but we've never gone on a trip with just the three of us.

Unless of course, you count one overnight for back-to-back doctors appointments when she was a few weeks old, and her surgery. Which I most certainly do not.

But, we're doing well to get the mortgage paid and groceries bought these days, and are probably just a few weeks from having to use our home equity line of credit to do those things (more on that later) so the "Family Vacation" will have to wait.

So, instead, we're going to try to make the best of Shrike's time off, and do a "staycation" at home and within a day-trip radius of here.

So far, we've got plans for a carnival tomorrow evening and maybe a trip to a pool or sprinkler park. Beyond that, we're kind of stumped, but I'm sure we'll come up with something.

I've asked our local Facebook friends for suggestions of Peeper-appropriate cheap (or preferably, free) things to do, and if you're local and have ideas - or have generic can-do-anywhere ideas, please share them.

But you'll have to tell me before 1 am, because when I go to bed, I'll be turning off my computer and my phone until Monday (or maybe Tuesday).

I'm sure I'll be taking photos, and will get caught up with posting (and back-dating, you know) when I'm back online, but in the meantime, I'm just going to concentrate on family time.

(Now, if I can just get Peeper on board with the unplugging plan. We may be dealing with and Mickey Mouse and Barney withdrawal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?