Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday

This morning, Peeper and I headed over the opening day of the local farmer's market, and picked up some radishes (Her favorite Rapunzel video features radishes, so she's been wanting to try them, and to make Mommy try one, because Mommy said they're "Icky."), kale (a different, non-ruffly kind from what we've been buying) and chard (That's a new one for us, just experimenting.)

 We also ran into a few friends while we were there. If we'd managed to wake up earlier, we probably would have seen even more people that we know. Then we grabbed a cup of coffee, where we ran into another friend, a woman that I've worked with in the Democratic Party, and haven't seen in a couple of years.



After that, we ran over to the library to return Peeper's bear books (we read Jesse Bear one more time before turning it in) and find some bird books, for our next unit.

When we got home, Peeper tried a radish. I don't think she was very impressed.


Later, I made a smoothie and finally got my self organized enough to put together a few bags of mixed fruit for future smoothies. Now, instead of having to pull out five or six different bags and freeze my hand pulling out out various fruits, I can just dump in a bag, along with some juice and greens and we're good to go.



With the one that I made today, I tried adding not just baby spinach, but also some of the new kale and chard. I think I may have overdone it a bit, because it was fruity deliciousness with distinct notes of fresh-mown grass.

After chilling out for a while, we got ourselves presentable again . . .




. . . picked up some dinner, and went to visit Mommy at work. We told Peeper to sit at Mommy's desk and "Do Mommy's work."

She sat there for a minute, then turned around and asked, "What can I do?"

She didn't take it well when we explained that we were just kidding about doing Mommy's work.



She also didn't take it well when it was time to leave, and Mommy stayed there. Evidently, she thought that Mommy was going to come home with us (maybe?) and she cried all the way home. When we got here, we gave Mommy and call, and after talking to her for a while, she settled down.

All in all, not a bad Saturday, I'd say.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion of radishes too.

    Good job on the braids!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?