Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Her Own Drummer

At art class this morning, Peeper was supposed to be painting a flower pot for Mommy, and using a cup of water to clean her brush between colors.

She did paint the pot, but spent much more time experimenting with color mixing in the water cup.


Later, we were doing some "bear stuff" and I was reciting a counting-up rhyme ("along came another and then there were . . . ") about bears.

I decided that we needed some actual bears to count, so I picked up this guy and said, "Here's one bear. Can you go get four more?"


I expected her to go to the bear bucket and bring four more counting bears, but instead, she looked and looked and looked around the room and gathered these, one at a time.


That never, ever would have occurred to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?