Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kiwano

You know all that weird stuff in the produce section that nobody actually buys? We bought one!

After reading this blog post about kiwanos or horned melons, I showed one to Peeper at the grocery, and since it wasn't too expensive, we bought one to check out.

Basically, I'd say that I agree with everything in that post. Poky on the outside, slimy on the inside, tastes like the love-child of a cucumber and a banana.

Tons and tons of seeds, each of which is surrounded by this sort of green gelatinous stuff. I won't tell you what it most resembles, but I'm sure you can figure it out yourself.

I scooped out the innards and froze them to put in smoothies, because it tasted good, but I wasn't sure how the hell else to eat it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?