Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Breakfast

Several months ago, I spotted this on a clearance end-cap at Target, and I immediately thought "Christmas morning!"



A couple of days ago I realized that we'd have more time to mess with making pancakes today than tomorrow, so they became our "Christmas Eve Morning!" breakfast instead.

Of course, Peeper wanted to help.




When I tasted the batter, it wasn't quite pepperminty enough for me, so I tossed a few in the blender, and added some peppermint dust to the batter. Perfect!


Peeper agrees!


The "serving suggestion" on the box was to top them with a dollop of whipped cream, sprinkled with crushed peppermint, but I simplified that a bit by just mixing some powdered peppermints directly into the Cool Whip.


Shrike and I ate them like this: Double chocolate peppermint pancakes, topped with peppermint Cool Whip.


Peeper with with a slightly different variation: Spoon topped with peppermint Cool Whip.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?