Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Snoozing

This evening was MOMS Night Out, so we dropped Peeper off with Shrike's parents around six o'clock, and headed over to the bar lounge. It didn't officially start until seven, so we had time to have a drink and a little one-on-one conversation before our friends arrived.

We had a nice visit, some dinner (Ladies Night special menu) and drinks, and then Shrike - because she is wonderful - left and picked Peeper up around nine thirty, before her parents turned into pumpkins, and let me stay for another hour or so until everyone else was ready to call it a night.

When I got home, I discovered that Peeper had fallen asleep in the car on the way home, and stayed asleep when Shrike brought her in.

This is what I found when I peeked in on her.


Shrike was brave enough to get her shoes off, but not stupid enough to try to get her out of the coat.

We'll see how long she lasts like that.

Update, morning: Holy crow. Didn't hear a sound from her until 8:45 am! Of course, the bed was wet by then, but I'll happily wash pee sheets if it means she'll sleep almost eleven hours without a wake up. My boobs were perhaps a little less thrilled that she went from around 5 pm until almost 9 am without nursing. That's the longest she's gone since she was NPO for her heart surgery and by far the longest I've gone without either nursing or pumping since she was born. I wasn't hurting, but once she did nurse, I sure could tell it had been a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?