Friday, November 11, 2011

One Minute in History 11/11/11 11:11

The blog Peaceful Parenting did a photo project on 1-1-11 that worked out so well, she decided to do it again. The instructions were simple - just take a photo of whatever you're doing, or what's in front of you at 11:11 (am, pm or both) on 11-11-11.

I can't believe that I manage to remember and actually take both morning and evening, but somehow I did.

The two scenes that I captured - neither of which was staged (well, I could have unstaged the first one if I'd wanted to, but I didn't) - together make perfect illustration of the micro-season of our lives that we are in right now.

11/11/11 11:11 am - Peeper on the big potty at a convenience store
We are now two weeks into now-that-we're-three-years-old-we-wear-panties-all-time-time-in-the-daytime and it's going very well.

Also, I have figured out why five year olds insist on visiting every public restroom that they pass. It's because when they were three, their mothers made them visit every public restroom that they passed. Or maybe that's just me.



11/11/11 11:11 pm - Peeper asleep in her big girl bed, wearing nothing but panties
Peeper is also one week out of the family bed (although Mama's usually in her big girl bed with her for at least a quarter of the night), and almost that long out of diapers full-time, even at night.

Both of these moves were her idea, and have gone quiet smoothly so far - one wet bed and one kerplunk on the floor, not withstanding.

They may or may not be permanent changes yet, but she's happy and we're mostly happy (Although we are a bit ambivalent about not having her in bed with us - especially when she wakes and I have to actually get up. What's that about?!) so it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?