Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nutcracker Sweet

In 2007 - the Christmas before Peeper was born - the Anonyparents gave me a Mouse King Nutcracker, which I really liked, but he's not seen the light of day since then, because first we just didn't have it in us to do more than putting lights on the tree, and then we had a toddler.

We still aren't putting out all the knick-knacks this year, but given Peeper's recent obsession with all things Nutcracker, I thought it would be fun to pull him out. I have explained that he's a decoration and not really a toy, and she has to play with him very carefully, but I'm not sure how that's going to work out, in the long term. He's survived so far, though, and she sure is enjoying him.

I got him out (and the other decorations - more on that in a bit) while dinner was in the oven (more on that, too), and while Shrike and I ate, she wandered off to play.

At one point, she went into the sunroom and came out with her Nutcracker, and at another point, she asked me to find the "Sugar Plum Fairy" (a bear, dressed like a jack o'lantern, wearing her tutu).

Unbeknowst to us, she'd also retrieved both Nutcracker books from her bedroom, and had quite the show going on in the living room.

While I was cleaning up from dinner, Shrike told me, "Come here, come here! I just spied on her, and she's giving the Mouse King goody!"

I missed that, but I did get a bit of video of her playing with them:

And, of course, a few stills:



No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?