Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Letter of the Week: Q

Tot School
~ Peeper is 32.75 months old ~

A Note To My Regular Readers: I may be repeating some photos or stories that I've already published, but I want to put all our learning activities in the one post that's part of the Tot School link-up.

Tot Schoolers: Welcome! If you enjoy this post, please feel free to stay for a while, and have a look around. I'll give you a fair warning that much of my blog is PG-13, but my Tot School link-up posts will always be G-Rated.



Letter Crafts: Q is for Queen, q is for quilt




As predicted, we were back to scrounging for our ABC box. Here's what I came up with:

Q magnet, q bath foamie, Qq book, Q - quetzel animal card, Q - quail block, quarter, quilt (sort of) and a queen's crown.

I had planned to use the queen from her Duplo castle, but I couldn't find her. Later, we realized she was in the bathtub, and even got her out of the bathroom, but she never made it to the box. 


Oh well. I'm pretty sure Peeper knows that Q is for Queen.

Once again this week, she wasn't too interested in the tracing or coloring "letter pages," but she was totally into "My queen cards!" from the Tot School Printables.

We are not at all into princesses here, so when she went through the "royalty" vocabulary cards and matched them up to a black-and-white version of the card page, there were a whole lot of new words for her.

What she really enjoyed, though, were the shadow matching cards, the puzzle and the sequencing cards, although she didn't really put them in order so much.

The first time I gave her the sequencing cards (small, medium and large queens), so told me that "Dis(medium) is da Mommy, and dis (small) is da baby." When I showed her the large one and asked "Who's this?" she said "Dat's da Mama."

Well, I am a few inches taller than Shrike, so I suppose that makes sense.

The puzzle and shadow matches, she did over and over and over.



She also really enjoyed the quilt square matching cards from Confessions of a Homeschooler. (I reprinted some of these for her quilt letter craft, too.)


We've not really done much with them, but she did get a new toy / learning tool / "acection" (collection) this week. Stapkles had these big plastic paperclips in their back-to-school specials for something like fifty cents or a dollar.

She's quite into Bert and Ernie and talks about "Bert's papercwip acection" all the time, so I thought she'd enjoy them. So far, she's just been playing with them, but I'm sure there are all sorts of lessons that we can use them for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?