Saturday, November 13, 2010

Peeper Prepares Pizza

We had make-your-own pizzas for lunch today. (Well, except that I made Shrike's.)

I had a can of biscuit dough in the fridge, so I used that for the crusts - three each for Shrike's and mine, and one for Peeper's petite pizza.

I got the grown-up ones all ready and in the oven, then brought Peeper in to make hers. I had the dough all smushed out for her, and put some sauce in the middle and gave her a spoon to spread it out.

Well, that confused her a bit, and she just scooped up some sauce and ate it, but no harm done. I spread it out for her and let her add the toppings: mozzarella cheese, diced onions and peppers, chopped-up pepperoni and parmesan cheese.

She did a great job with it, keeping the toppings on the dough at least as well as I did with ours, and getting them fairly spread out. (I helped with that a bit.)

I wish I'd gotten video of her putting it together, or at least a photo of the whole pizza, but while we were doing it, my camera card was in the computer uploading the pumpkin video from yesterday.

I did get this shot of all three pizzas minus what I served up for lunch.


Peeper's serving. I think she ate all of two pieces at lunch (plus nibbles of cheese and pepperoni while assembling it, and a slice of cheese while it was baking), but had probably another four or so pieces later. She's still got some in the fridge for tomorrow.


And here she is enjoying it.


Notice the throw-everything-off-the-plate-and-eat-from-the-bare-table dining technique. She does a similar thing with water. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?