Friday, August 6, 2010

Daily Peep: Party Party Girl

This evening was our county Democratic Party picnic, and for the second time, I was just a guest, after having been in charge of it for the previous four years. It is much more fun this way. 

This year, it was held at the home of one of the committee members, in her front yard. This is the band, playing on the front porch. That rectangle on the wall is not the mailbox. It's the plaque saying that the house "has been placed on the register of historic places." 


Peeper was more impressed with the historic gravel driveway, and spent a lot of time playing in it.


Including during the speeches.


I'm sure she wasn't distracting at all.
  

I can't say enough how proud I was of her this evening. She was cooperative (even when I made her stop climbing up the steps, across the yard and up more steps to hang out with the band), happy (even when she was sleepy, and had eaten two brownies, a piece of cake and a cookie), and charming (even with the politicians).


I suppose it shouldn't surprise me, because she's pretty much always like that. It just amazes me sometimes, though, how enjoyable she is to be around, even under less-than-optimal conditions for a toddler. I know she's my kid and I have to love her, but you know, I really like her a whole lot too.

The timing of the event (which, in the past, has always been held on a Saturday afternoon) was planned to coincide with a big fireworks display celebrating the town's triannual (Yeah, I know. Isn't that weird?) local celebration - which was held right across the street from the house.

Peeper looooooved that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?