Monday, November 2, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

Okay, the kid's a year old. Maybe it's time to start getting our shit together around here.

(Shrike tells me, "But honey, we didn't have our shit together before she was born, what makes you think we'll have it together now?")

I did some looking around for recipes yesterday, hoping to find some quick, easy things I can cook for all of us. While I was at it, I checked the Baby Led Weaning forum, to find some recipes for stuff I can cook up and have on hand for Peeper, so the poor kid has something more than Cheerios and raisins to eat!

That's where I found this recipe, which I whipped up this morning.

(Yes - morning! A couple of short, early naps on Saturday, combined with the time change, have added up to Peeper being in bed before midnight, and up around 10:30 am the past two days. We'll see if we're able to keep it up when Shrike goes back to work tomorrow.)

Apple and Cinnamon Pancakes
Makes about 30 "silver dollar" pancakes

1 cup Flour (self rising)
1 tsp Baking Powder (not sure if this is necessary)
1 Apple, Grated I buzzed it in a small food processor; there were still small chunks.
A Handful Raisins I left these out, because Peeper's the only one who likes them.
A Bit of Cinnamon I probably should've used more than I did; not very cinnamony.
1 cup Soy Milk/ water/ mix of the 2 (Possibly a bit more depending on how thin you like your pancakes.) I used all vanilla soy, but a good bit more than a cup.

  1. Mix wet ingredients into dry.
  2. fry spoonfulls in a hot oiled pan.

They freeze well and keep in the fridge for a couple of days.

Cooking the first side


Cooking the second side


Cooling


Peeper approves!

3 comments:

  1. Pancakes are the best! Alice's morning staples are scrambled eggs, greek yogurt with honey & granola, oatmeal with blueberries and maple syrup and muffins, if I've managed to make some. All easy stuff to do in the morning before I've had my coffee. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog months ago through KM. I have really enjoyed reading about Peeper and can't believe she is already a year old! Mine is right behind her. I cook nightly, but it is usually pretty darn easy recipes. I feed Devin what we eat at least a couple nights a week, even if it isn't until the next night. On the nights I don't have leftovers for her, I resort to deli meat, canned veggies/fruits and maybe some instant mac n cheese or sweet potato that I usually bake for her once each week. I have a recipe blog so that I can easily keep up and search...it is in my profile if you are interested.

    Happy 1 Yr Peeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out http://weelicious.com/ too for ideas.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?