Sunday, October 25, 2009

Daily Peep: Birthday Party Recap

The seat of honor




The spread



The cake



The birthday girl and and the birthday moms!




Cutting the cake


The Birthday Plate!


Singing!



Blowing out the candle



Caaaake!












The cake tasted as good as it looked!


The aftermath



Look what we found, after everyone was finished eating their cake.


Oops.

Amateurs.

Clean up time!



She loved the balloons.




Birthday cards


A few people "broke the rules" about no gifts. Here's Mommy putting one together.

Notice Peeper's grunt-face. I don't think she was happy that Mommy was playing with toys and Mama was playing with photoshop and nobody was playing with Peeper.


Then she noticed the camera. She was still grunting angrily, but. . . .



She was happy once it was put together, though.


Thanks, Mommy!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great party! By the way, I just read your breastfeeding story and was reminded of my own experience with my first baby. The first month was hell, she was so sleepy, wasn't feeding well and wasn't gaining weight. When I asked my doctor for help, he said (of course, what else) Give her formula! What I finally ended up doing was bf her first at each feeding, and then topping her up with formula after. Which wasn't quite what I'd hoped to do, but I didn't know what else to do. I felt all alone, and didn't know who to ask for advice. It was very depressing, and I cried a lot, because the way I thought things were going to be (me and the baby nursing cozily in the rocking chair my husband bought for me) did not work out. Eventually she did better, and by six weeks was gaining well, but I just wish I'd had some real help when I needed it, and then maybe I wouldn't have needed the supplement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is another anonymous! I'm anonymama. The party looks wonderful. Wish we could have been there. Counting the days til you are here.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?