Monday, September 14, 2009

Swimming Lessons - Round Two

A crappy phone-photo of Shrike and Peeper at swimming lessons.


Her second session started tonight. She was doing great at first - especially compared to the first night of her first session - and we were both so proud of her.

Then something happened - Shrike says it was when she saw me in the bleachers, or maybe she was just cold - and she started crying.

She told me later that she was wishing she could just take her out, but I don't know, I guess she thought I'd be mad?

Meanwhile, I'm standing beside the pool, yelling at her to just get out if she's that upset, but she couldn't hear me.

She finally did get out just a couple of minutes before class was over, and I snugged her up to a not-wet body, and nursed her for a minute, and got her calmed down.

She nursed quite a bit more in the dressing room, as they were getting changed, which definitely seemed to help.

Afterward, we went to dinner at our favorite dive (it's mid-September, so sadly, our Monday nights on the deck are numbered) and she was in a great mood there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?