Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Iron Girl

After a couple of weeks of having trouble remembering to give Peeper her iron supplement, and then a couple of weeks of fighting her about it, and ending up getting it all over her jammies, Shrike had a brainstorm.

A week or so ago, she suggested that we give it to her while she's in the bathtub, so at least it would be easy to clean it up when she spit it out.

The first few nights, that involved me putting her in the medicine-hold that I used back in the day, and forcing the dropper into her mouth, her spitting out most of it, and then having her nurse right afterward to get the taste out of her mouth.

Then, there were a couple of nights that it was less of a fight, and she went back to playing instead of nursing.

Last night, she reached for the dropper and opened her mouth. I squirted it in, she swallowed, and went back to playing.

Wow.

My first thought was, "Oh no - Did we grab the wrong bottle?! Have I accidently given her something delicious - and poisonous - instead?!"

Lol - because that's the kind of Mama I am.

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious, why does Peeper need a supplement? In sweden we only give vitamin D. Is she sick?

    ReplyDelete

What say you?