Monday, May 25, 2009

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

We'd just finished up our midnight snack (me: reheated spaghetti, Shrike: mixed nuts, Peeper: sweet potato, greenbean, waxbean) and Shrike walked past the sunroom and said, "Oh my gosh! [Yes, that's really what she said.) There's a toad!"

As I've mentioned before, when the weather is nice (and sometimes when it's not), we often leave the sunroom door open for the dogs to come and go as they please.

This evening, they pleased to invite a friend over to play.

Shrike chased him down and released him back into the wilds of our backyard.

While Peeper and I "helped" by taking photos and saying "Oh no! Is he coming over here? Eek!"

Okay, so it was mostly me saying those things.

While I ran for the camera, Mr. Toad hid behind the couch.



Turns out he was the least frightening thing back there.



She then herded him across the room, picked him up and put him outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?