Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Cooked! Two Things!

I noticed some ground turkey in the freezer a few days ago and figured I ought to do something with it.

We finally bought some pasta that Peeper might be able to pick up (eh, it's still a bit short and doesn't stick out of her hand very far) and needed something to go on it, and I also thought it might be good to give her sticks of meat that are not of the sausage or weiner variety, so I used the turkey for both.

Turkey Sticks


The photo was taken when they first went in the oven. Cooked, they look about the same but all brown and crispity and a little smaller.

Ground turkey - 1/2 lb
Veggie chips, enough to fill the
mini-chopper twice (see photo)
Pepper and sage

  1. Buzz veggie chips in chopper or blender or whatever until they are crumbs.
  2. Mix chip crumbs and ground turkey thoroughly.
  3. Add a tiny bit of pepper and sage.
  4. Form into "fingers" (I made them literally about the size of my fingers, and
    got 16).
  5. Coat lightly with olive oil, and cook at 400 F for about 15 minutes, turning
    a couple of times during cooking.
  6. Drain on paper towels. I froze most of them for later.


Barbecue Turkey Rotini
Shrike won't touch this, but Peeper and I love barbecue anything!


Ground turkey, 1/2 lb
Onion, some
Carrot, grated (added this to trick me into eating vegetable)
Barbeque sauce
Rotini, cooked

  1. Heat onion and carrot until softish, then add turkey and brown.
  2. Add barbeque sauce and some water and cook a little while.
  3. Add rotini and cook a bit more.
  4. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?