Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Blogiversary (a little late!)

A few minutes ago, I bopped back to the beginning of the blog, looking for an old photo and thought, "Ah yes, I started blogging in February. . . Hey! It's February now! Oh no, I missed it!"

Well, it turns out that my first post (other than some old stuff transferred from a previous website) was on February 25, 2007 - so I only missed it by a day!

Not bad, says I!

On this occassion, I want to take a moment to take all both my readers, especially the handful of you who are "following" me. I feel so special!

When I started blogging, I had no idea how often I would actually manage to post, or for how long, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I certainly never imagined two years worth of daily posts, or that I'd be mobile blogging from my hospital bed while in labor!

And, although I knew that we were hoping to start trying to conceive soon, I really never expected to go from just-some-generic-dyke-writing-about-whatever to TTC blogger to pregnancy blogger to, oh-dear-Lord, "Mommy Blogger" or, for just a veerrry short while, mah-poor-sick-baybee blogger.

It's amazing how much blogging has become a part of my mindset, to the point that as soon as anything interesting (or not) happens in my life, my first thought is often "I'm just gonna have to blog about that!"

I'm also surprised at what a great log of my day-to-day activities the blog has become. Anytime I wonder when something happened, or exactly what happened (within the past two years) I can just look it up!

And, of course, it's the easiest way for my friends and family to keep up with our daily doings, especially now that Peeper's here, and especially for those who are far away and don't get to see her very often.

Looking back through the blog is also great for reminding myself just how far we've come in the past couple of years, and for putting things in perspective, when I see exactly what I was thinking and feeling in the past.

Which brings me to thing I love most about blogging - it is incredibly therapeutic. To write about what I'm feeling, I have to first think through what I'm feeling and process it and sort it out and come to terms with it, at least on some level.

That's something that I wouldn't necessarily be doing a lot if I weren't trying to put it into words for the blog.

It seems very strange that writing for all the world to see has helped me to see myself more clearly but, oddly enough, it has.

So, although it's a day late, Happy Birthday to You, Oh Blog-O-Mine, and Many Happy Returns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?