Monday, December 29, 2008

Texas Update

Sorry for the sparse posts, but we're staying pretty busy with our visiting, here in Texas.

Well, today was actually fairly quiet, although Shrike, Peeper and I did make a run to the mall and Target to do some exchanging and to pick up a few things that we needed.

As we got to the mall, we walked in the door the same time as another couple with a baby in a stroller.

I was wearing Peeper in the wrap that we bought from DoulaK, and the dad said something to me about how much he liked it.

I said, "I can tell you the website where I got it," and he said, "Really?!"

So, I did, and then we complimented each others babies, compared ages and weights (she's two weeks older, was about a pound bigger at birth and is now about four pounds bigger, and was a week early) and then continued to stand there talking to them for about twenty minutes, about all things baby-related.

The mom and I were trading birth stories, while Shrike and the dad were talking about, well, I don't know, because I was too busy with my own conversation.

The funny thing is that they were probably in their early twenties, heterosexual and Hispanic. On the surface, we probably couldn't be much more different, and eleven months ago or so, we probably had very little in common.

Today, though, they were our new best friends!

Seriously, if this had happened back home, we probably would've exchanged email addresses and scheduled a playdate.

In other news, Anonydaddy and his brother (Anonyuncle?) seem to have conspired to "gift"Anonymama with a cat.

My uncle is currently bouncing between the homes of a few different friends, since his home and medical practice took a beating in Hurricane Ike.

After the storm, he found a white cat (who is, like many white cats, deaf) wandering his neighborhood and took it in.

He brought it along with him when he came to visit, and by the time he left this morning, it was arranged that the cat would stay here "for a while."

He has an appointment next week for vaccinations, declawing and neutering.

There's much more to tell, but I'm sitting her dozing off, so I suppose I should get Peeper's medicine, probably nurse her a bit, to get rid of the taste, and then get us both in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?