Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Organizing My Thoughts

As you can imagine, everything since Peeper was born has been something of a blur for us, especially the first six days, which were spent in the hospital. 


I'm sure that my vast blog audience will understand that I've been too busy most of the time to stop and document much of it here, and will forgive me for the rather sparse details, so far. 

I promise that there are several potential posts percolating in my brain, addressing a variety of specific aspects of the past week or so, but it's been a bit daunting to get them all down in pixels. 

Some of the things you're likely to be reading about here in the next few days or weeks, are (in no particular order): 
  • Our birth story
  • Our (wonderful) experience with the staff at OurTown Hospital
  • Peeper's various health concerns during her first week in the outside world (most or all of which seem to be mostly or completely resolved)
  • Breastfeeding a near-term preemie: Technical issues
  • Breastfeeding a near-term preemie: Emotional issues
  • Doulas: Why you should hire one
  • Doulas: Why you should hire mine
  • Bringing Home Peeper: The "new normal"
  • Shrike: World's Greatest Birth Partner
  • Shrike: World's Greatest Mom
At risk of being a copy-cat (I believe it was OneOfHisMoms who did this), what would you like to hear about first? 

4 comments:

  1. Um, "Bringing Home Peeper: The "new normal"" - That sounds kind of triumphal - suitable for today's mood, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copy away! I only wish I'd suggested "My Honey: World's Greatest Mom." that got me a little teary. I'd like to hear about the boob food and the doula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear the birth story. It's the only thing you'll remember word for word, minute by minute, second by second down to every blessed detail for the rest of your life. of course, Whozat, you have the memory of a steel trap like I do. LOL
    *waves at Peeper* hi!! Large teenage boy and I will be coming to visit you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I wanna here 'em all, but let's start with the "new normal."

    ReplyDelete

What say you?