Monday, October 6, 2008

Manic Monday #38

  1. What is one thing you admire about each of your parents?
    As I've mentioned before, Anonydaddy is a doctor, and I really admire the way he always seems to go that step beyond for his patients, whether it's taking the extra time to listen to their concerns, medical and otherwise, or adjusting a little old lady's insulin dosage meal by meal, based on how much she was able to eat today.

    Of course, he's got a great reputation around town, especially among the old folks that he treats.

    Once, a few years ago, Anonymama was sitting in her gynecologist's office and overheard one woman say to another, "That's Dr. Anonydaddy's wife over there. Dr. J must be really good, if he takes care of her!"

    (Did I get the story right, Anonymama?) 

    Let me tell you a couple of stories about Anonymama, and her politics. 

    She still attends the Southern Baptist church that we went to when I was a kid (I got over it), and now teaches a Sunday School class, of older ladies.

    I asked her once, "How can you
    do that, given your political beliefs?" 

    "It's easy," she said, "I just leave out the things I don't agree with."

    My favorite example is the time that she threw out the entire suggested lesson for "Sanctity of Life Sunday" and, instead, talked about the need to fund stem cell research!

    A few weeks ago, she asked me to send her an Obama bumper sticker, and I offered her a button as well, saying "I have 'Women for Obama,' or 'Seniors for Obama,' or . . . . " 

    "No, just send me a regular one - I don't want to be labeled."

    I told her I would send a couple of stickers and a couple of buttons, so they could each have one.

    She said, "Daddy probably won't put a sticker on his car, because he doesn't want to have to talk to people about it. But I kind of 
    enjoy getting in their faces!" 

    Speaking of her sticker, the other day, she was walking out of a meeting, when a woman whom she'd only met recently spotted it and commented on it.

    At first, Anonymama thought the woman was appalled, but the realized that she was just surprised, and pleased, to find that she was also a Democrat.

    In the conversation that followed, the other woman said, "Well, I have two friends who have gay daughters, and I think they ought to have the same rights as everyone else!" 

    Anonymama told her, "Actually, you have three friends who do!" 

  2. Which parts of your home do you like best?
    The sunroom is what sold us on the house when we were first looking at it but, ironically, that's become the dog's room, and the place where all the old crappy furniture is. I still like it though, and I also love sitting in our backyard on a summer evening.

    At the moment though, the room that I just can't get enough of is Peeper's - I can't wait til we've got it completely decorated. And have a baby to put in it!

  3. Which would you prefer and why: To have every stoplight turn green upon your arrival for the rest of your life or to have one week of the best sex any person ever had?
    Let's just say that I've had some pretty damn good long weekends that nearly killed me, so I don't know that I could handle an entire week like that. I think it might be safest to go with the green lights. 

    (Oh dear. I hope Anonymama quit reading about two paragraphs ago when I stopped talking about her.)
Learn more about Manic Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, your mom heard your dirty sex talk.

    Haha, so did your neice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did your wife who is wondering what is so great about green lights.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?