Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Still Not Crazy!

We asked Dr. T to write us (yet) another not-crazy letter, this one to be presented to the judge with our petition for the pre-birth order.

(It also turns out that Dr. E can do her thing by letter, as well, so that's on its way, too.)

Here's what she had to say [with a few comments of my own added]:

To Whom It May Concern:
I have had the pleasure of working with Whozat and Shrike [oh, I'll bet she says that about all the crazy people] in outpatient therapy since October 2006 [wow - has it been that long?!]. They began their journey to parenthood within this context, and are most certainly this unborn child's parents, both biologically (in different ways) and emotionally. [Yep!]

This couple utilizes their resources well, employing this therapist essentially as a life coach. [Great description - I'd not thought of it that way. I like that phrasing, especially in terms of, "I'm their shrink, but they're not crazy. Really!"] They have been striving for ongoing improvements in their individual adjustment to life stressors [such as, you know, life] as well as focusing on continual enhancement of their relationship. Certainly their parenthood is a primary concern to them, in terms of that same endeavor towards proficiency.

I strongly recommend that their petition be approved so that their child's rightful parents are noted on her birth certificate. [Yay!] Additionally, it will offer peace of mind to the couple, knowing that the legal system accepts them both as the parents. [Very true!]

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Dr. T
Shrike & Whozat's Shrink

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, no one has commented here. Why do you suppose that is?

    I am feeling pretty crazy myself.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?