Monday, August 4, 2008

Edouard

As I might have mentioned before, my family (the Anonyparents, LadyKay and her Kiddos, BabyBro and HisLovelyWife) live on the upper Texas Gulf Coast.

Right now, they're all keeping a close eye on Tropical Storm Edouard, which is heading in their general direction.

Anonymama reports that:

Probably a category 1 at the most, but more likely a tropical storm. Saying more around Galveston. We are not leaving for this, of course, but Frappa [The Niece Formerly Known as Kiddo2] went to Walmart and got me several flashlights and some candles.

They keep telling us to not expect any surprises like we had with Humberto, but isn't the definition of a surprise that we do not expect it?

She makes a good point there!

It doesn't sound like it will be too serious for them (although I do have an aunt and uncle in Galveston, who may be in for a bit more of a ride) but your no-blow-mojo would be greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. We are at the height of this storm and no big problem. Winds only in the 50's and rains of 3 to 5 inches expected. The center came in over us rather than in Galveston. Not well formed enough to make a real eye, but the winds near here dropped to 10 or 12 mph as the center passed through. There are some power outages from wind, but weare OK so far. The office is closed. Some of the staff couldn't get in and the patients (geriatrics) don't belong on the road. TV is telling people to stay home. Bridges are closed, underpasses are lethal and there are probably tree branches down, though with first Rita and them Humberto, there are not "loose" branches left. Bottom line: we are fine and hope to stay so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is essentially over and we are fine. It will still be stormy off and on all day as the outer bands go through, but it's not a big deal. We never even lost power, although a lot of people have.

    I am still waiting to hear if I am going to work this afternoon. They had said we had power and were going to open up at 1:00, then last I heard, we DIDN'T have power and call back at 2:00. Generally hurry up and wait. Oh well, if I can go in and get a few hours I will. I'll probably have to work this weekend to make up for it. I just have to get my last few hours in before graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reports. I'm glad to hear that everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?