Sunday, July 6, 2008

Peeper Says "Hi" to Mommy!

If you're taking notes, and of course you are, you'll remember that about five weeks ago, I felt some tappity-tap-taps on my insides that I officially declared to be Peeper's "quickening."

After that, all was quiet on the uterine front for a good while, but over the past week to ten days, I've been feeling things that I've thought might be her.

Or, possibly, Taco Bell talking back to me.

Basically, if the sensations were all over my belly (or if any other evidence came to pass, so to speak), I've assumed they were of a digestive nature but, more and more lately, what I've been feeling has been restricted to the more uterine area of my belly, and getting more and more distinct.

Friday night, we were sitting on the couch watching tv, and I was feeling things that seemed less gas-like and more Peep-like, so I was pushing on my belly with my hand, to see if I could feel any more.

(A suggestion I read - by squishing the uterus a bit, she's more likely to touch the sides, and actually be felt.)

Then I noticed that I was not only feeling the little movements inside - but I could feel them from the outside, with my hand.

I kept it quiet for a few minutes, so I could feel it again, and be more sure, then I invited Shrike to join the party.

It was rather tricky, holding her hand tight against my belly (she was hesitant to push down herself, not knowing how hard was okay), trying not to breath too deeply, and concentrating on feeling something, either inside or out.

There was much, "Did you do that?" "No - did you feel that?" "Yes!" and after a few times of her assuring me that she was not twitching her fingers, we decided that we were definitely feeling Peeper moving around in here.

We tried again last night, and she was able to pick up a few movements from the outside again.

I think the really fun part of this pregnancy thing is just beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?