Monday, June 23, 2008

She Makes Some Excellent Points

Recently Overheard from my Smart Wife

Regarding Peeper, of course.

Whozat: I can think positively, and I can be optimistic, but I'm not so sure about this whole "bathing her in positive energy" thing*.

Shrike: Well, it's got to be better than bathing her in cortisol (stress hormone).
Recently Overheard from my Smart-Ass Wife
While we were having dinner at Taco Bell this evening, we noticed that it was raining.

Whozat: You should go get the umbrella, because Peeper and I might melt.

Shrike: Ha ha ha!

Whozat: Well, she's sweet.

Shrike: Yeah, but it would have to get through the crispy outside to get to the sweet center.

*Okay, I'm kind of embarassed to admit it, because it's a bit hokey, but last night I actually did come up with a kind of neat little visualization of Peeper (and Shrike and myself) being "bathed in positive energy" (including that from all of you who've told us that you're thinking / praying / sending mojo) and it really did make me feel better.

I don't know if it really makes a difference for her, but as Shrike pointed out, anything that helps us (especially me) to stay calm has got to be a good thing for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?