Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hanging In There

We're doing okay here, and are really making an effort to stay positive and to assume that we will be getting nothing but good news about Peeper when we go back for our next appointment on Wednesday.

We're also making a point of talking to her together, a few times a day, and telling her about all the great things we'll do when she gets here, and envisioning everything being fine with her.

That really does seem to be helping, in terms of our anxiety.

Well, mine.

I think Shrike is a little more more able to just say "He said 'don't stress' so I won't."

Or so she says.

Oh, and shopping helps, too.

I've already talked about the great yardsale yesterday and today, Shrike was at Michael's for something else and bought wooden letters to spell out Peeper's name on her wall.

Now, if we can just paint them in real life to look as good as my photoshop mock-up. :-)

So, it's kind of funny, but I think it really does help, in terms of thinking positively, and in terms of continuing to behave exactly as we had planned at this point.

I can't believe that we're already more than halfway through this week of waiting for the next ultrasound. It's actually gone faster than I expected.

Just two and a half more days, and it will be here, and in the meantime, we will just keep telling ourselves that all is well with Peeper, and that all this worrying will have been for nothing.

3 comments:

  1. We are doing the same. I believe that it will all be OK. Stay positive and keep telling her that we love her and that Grandma is her favorite person in the whole wide world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Congrats! I have been away for so long but think of y'all often! I am very excited about peepers!

    Will catch up more later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymama - We'll pass that message on :-)

    Toni - Long time, no comment! How the hell are ya?!?

    ReplyDelete

What say you?