Saturday, June 21, 2008

Doctor's Orders

Dr T is on our Peeper Report email list, which received an update on Thursday, very similar to what I posted here. We got this reply from her today, and it was such good advice that I wanted to share it.

Let me begin with YAY on your (Peeper's real name)! I LOVE the name, and her photos look great. She looks like an actual little person now, awesome!!

And now to the managing your anxiety part.

Even though they have guidelines for what is "expected" in terms of growth, there is plenty of room to account for individual differences. Babies DO develop at different rates, and I'm sure sweet Peeper is just where she needs to be. There's plenty of time for her to "catch" up with where they think she should be.

Unfortunately this kind of experience frequently comes along with high medically-managed pregnancies. Sometimes too much information is really not helpful, and given your baseline anxiety, you are prone to interpreting stuff with a negative skew. Any hint of something not fitting exactly into the mold they have in mind, and you are freaking out.

So BREATHE!

Work hard to think positive thoughts and bathe that girl in optimistic energy; KNOW she is doing what she needs to do.

I mean honestly, when you consider her mamas, is it any surprise that she's opting not to do exactly what THEY say she should!?!?

Everything is fine; everything will be fine.

The more you tell yourself that, the more true it is. Try not to spend any more energy on picking apart each word the MDs have said.

Go with the "don't worry" message. I know, I know, not easily accomplished, but then again, neither was this child's conception!!!

Shop, breathe, relax, whatever. She needs that just as much as you & Shrike!

Take care!!!!

See you soon.

This is why she is worth every penny that we our insurance companies pay her.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is my kind of doctor. Literally, my kind. I know you can't wipe out the worries, but this helps the perspective some, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

What say you?