Saturday, May 10, 2008

Good Luck, Anonymama!

As I mentioned before, Anonymama is running for school board in my hometown (after 18 years in office, then 9 years out of office) and the election is today.

If the voters know what's good for their children, things will definitely go her way (hmm, that was meant as an endorsement, not a threat!), but however things turn out tonight, I just wanted to say how proud I am of her.

Not only for everything that she's done for the community and for the students of that district in the past - as a PTA mama, school board member, founder/officer of the public school foundation, etc - but for being willing to take on the (physical, emotional, financial) challenge of running again, especially now that her children and grandchildren are all out of school (except Peeper, of course, who will go to school up here, anyway) and she no longer has a personal stake in the success of the schools.

But the thing is that she does, because it has become personal for her that all of the children of the district get the best education possible, not just her own.

And that, as much as anything else - and there is plenty else - makes her, by far, the best qualified candidate on the ballot today.

So, if you're reading this blog from back home (or know someone who lives there), please don't forget to vote today, and remind your friends and neighbors, as well.

And if you're checking in from elsewhere, your postive thoughts, good vibes and lots-o-votes mojo are greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. That is about the nicest thing anybody has said about me. You cannot know how touched Iam. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it should be submitted to the Hometown News as a letter to the editor. Ooops, too late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm a Consummate Democratic Party Power Broker (like my Mama) - I'll say anything to bring in a few votes.

    No, seriously, I meant every word of it, of course.

    (Altho, maybe if I'd included some of the things I said here in that fundraising letter, it would've brought in more money.)

    Again, good luck.

    I was able to see the returns last time around (bond election) on one of the local newspapers' websites, so I'll start checking that out as soon as the polls close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might have brought in more money, but apparently it brought in enough. Did all we needed to do, obviously. Again, thank you for your wonderful words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It might have brought in more money, but apparently it brought in enough. Did all we needed to do, obviously. Again, thank you for your wonderful words.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?