Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ten on Tuesday #28

Ten Things We'd Fix in Our Home
(If we had the time and money)

  1. Plumbing. Every God-damned toilet and sink in this house runs.
  2. More plumbing. There's only cold water going to the washing machine, and we figure we should probably get some hot water in there before we have shitty baby clothes to wash.
  3. The nursery. Well, we will be doing this one - time and money be damned!
  4. Replace the carpet in the living room, which BigGaloot has eaten.
  5. Replace or get rid of or somehow do something with the folding closet doors.
  6. Fill the holes and bare patches in the backyard - and stop the dogs from re-digging them.
  7. Decorate the sunroom, with a beachy / nauticalish kind of theme.
  8. Buy new sheets / comforter for our bed. We'd like something that looks very similar to what we've got now, but without the holes.
  9. Add shelves, somewhere in the kitchen, for my cobalt collection.
  10. Build a deck in the backyard.

Learn More About Ten on Tuesday

7 comments:

  1. Back in the day, the nursery was the nicest room in our house. That might have had something to do with the fact that it was the only room that people threw a party and gave me stuff to decorate. (Love that baby registry concept!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I have your #9 on my list! My aunt collects cobolt and always manages to find a place with a ton of shelves! check mine out here

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BigGaloot? How big is he(she)?

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great List! Nautical stuff is on sale now at Michaels Crafts store and JoAnns (Hobby Lobby on the East Coast- i think)
    Good Luck with getting those dogs to STOP digging *winks*
    Have a fabU week.
    ~W~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I forget what your bedroom stuff looks like (I think it was covered with toys last time I was in there) but you can get some good stuff at IKEA. Cheap comforter covers and shams. Sheets...check TJ Maxx. Heck, IKEA is great for kid stuff also. No, they aren't paying me for all of this free advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! You have a sunroom?! I'm jealous!

    Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. only cold water going to the washing machine, and we figure we should probably get some hot water in there before we have shitty baby clothes

    I had the same problem when Kiddo#2was a baby and I was using CLOTH diapers. I had a system, I washed the diapers with LOTS of soap and bleach and then ran them through a whole new wash cycle with just water to rinse them really well. It worked until we were able to get hot water to the washer.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?