Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #52


I know I've skipped out on my Thursday Thirteens for the past few weeks, but I've been a bit, um, distracted.

Thirteen Things We Are Freaking Out About These Days
  1. We're pregnant. Woo Hoo!!!

  2. We're pregnant. Oh. My. God.

  3. Things have looked great so far, but with no more betas, how can we know whether everything is ok in there?

  4. Six Five-and-a-half more days til my ultrasound. My head is going to explode.

  5. How many Peeps are in there? (See #4)

  6. We have to wait thirty-five more weeks to actually meet our Peep(s). Again with the exploding of the head.

  7. Only thirty-five more weeks for all those things that we figured will "work out" to work themselves the fuck out. See below.

  8. Who is going to watch the kid(s) while we're at work? Is BigGaloot up to the task? Maybe PerfectPup, she seems more responsible.

  9. And how are we going to pay for it?

  10. Not to mention - who's going to pay for all the clothes, food, and loud, obnoxious hunks of lead-covered plastic?

  11. How are we going to screw up our kid(s)? (Not "if?" but "how?")

  12. Labor. This sounds rather unpleasant.

  13. We're pregnant. Woo Hoo!!! The rest will all work itself out, somehow.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Thursday Thirteen Blog Roll

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your excitement is contagious! Remember that ginger can be a good friend in the early months.

    Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list really made me smile.

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will figure everything out. One step at a time. :)


    Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on the labor point. Eeek.

    I can only help you with the toy thingee. Nobody wants their old toys or baby clothes. You can get them all for free or cheap from Freecycle or some such place. Reduce and reuse, my friends. You probably won't need to buy clothes the entire first year, since so many people will give you stuff.

    Diapers on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking Mamacat might make a better babysitter than the pups. She has experience. I doubt that she will be impressed even if it is twins, after all, she had FOUR. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LK - Good point, re MamaCat. On the other hand - she has eight boobs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya on the eight boobs. She would probably point out that your babies won't have claws though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm, given the deer leg and groundhog posts, I don't think I'd leave Big Galoot in charge. He could clean up the poop, though. UURRRRGGGHHHHH

    How many hours a week (and what hours) do you need help? Maybe we can talk about this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pregnant too! I've not posted it on my blog yet as beloved husband doesnt want me to until we've had the scan and we dont even know when ours is yet!
    Nice to read someome else so excited though :0)
    Pol x

    ReplyDelete

What say you?