Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Is There Something I Should Know?

As I mentioned yesterday, on Monday I had a meeting with BigBoss and ED1, about some budget issues.

BigBoss had called the meeting, but in preparing for it, I saw a few things that I had questions about and I brought those up in the meeting.

There were a couple of points on which we didn't totally agree, but all in all, I thought it went well, and was a productive meeting.

When I got to work on Tuesday, though, a couple of kind of strange things happened that made me wonder.

I'm sure that they were coincidences, but I did let my imagination get away with me for a little while there.

First, when I turned on the computer and went to log in to the program that we use to manage just about all aspects of the business, my name was not in the drop-down menu of users.

I logged in as someone else, and went to the employee setup page to check my permissions.

When I pulled up my profile, I saw that the "inactive employee" box was checked!

Then, I tried to email ED1 about something unrelated, and the message immediately bounced back, flagged as spam.

I was beginning to wonder if I'd been fired and nobody had bothered to mention it to me.

I did exchange multiple emails with ED1 today about some follow-up issues from the meeting and other things, and she didn't seem surprised to hear from me, so I suppose I still have a job, but it was a bit unnerving for a little while there.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, that's kind of weird. And worrisome. Hope it was a fluke and you are still employed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?