Friday, February 15, 2008

I Hear The Secrets That You Keep . . .

Around six o'clock this morning, I was sleeping peacefully, when I suddenly heard Shrike not mumble, not shout, but state emphatically, "I'm mad, God damn it."

My first thought (after "Did I dream that?") was "What did I do?" then I wondered if BigGaloot had done something to her, then I realized that she was sound asleep.

I had to know.

So, I asked, "Honey, what's wrong. Who are you mad at? What happened?"

Sometimes, I will get answers that also come from the depths of her subconsious, before she wakes enough to start making sense.

This time, silence. Then a giggle, as she woke up and realized what she'd done.

It seems she'd been dreaming that we were at the beach with her extended family and they all decided to leave and come home without telling us.

Evidently, she wasn't happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?