Sunday, February 3, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I took my first Lupron injection this morning, which I suppose officially begins the actual IVF process.

The weeks since our last IUI have been kind of a wierd, limbo-esque sort of time for me.

On the one hand, we are still "trying to get pregnant," but on the other hand, we've not actually been trying trying.

It's been almost two months now since our last negtive beta, and it's been odd to go that long with no two-week-waits, no being-a-delicate-flower, no stick-peeing, and no possibility of being pregnant.

Of course, it's not like we've been doing nothing. We've had tons of paperwork to deal with, and legal issues, and financial arrangements and getting ourselves all synced up and, of course, the ever-so-aptly-named mock cycle.

"Ha, ha, ha," said my ass, "I'm bruised and lumpy for no apparent reason!"
But we weren't doing anything that was going to actually, you know, get us pregnant.

Now, though, the clock has started on the countdown to IVF!

I started my Lupron this morning, I've just got a couple more days of birth control pills (more mocking, there!), then I'll bleed - hopefully (again) the last time for a good while - and then we'll start back up with the ass shots, to work on building a nice, squishy, inviting uterine lining.

Meanwhile, by then it will be about time for Shrike to start her meds, and get those eggies ready to come to Mama.

If all goes according to schedule, four weeks from now, there will be a reproductive rave going on at Petri's Party Palace, and another week from that, a couple of those little suckers will be safe inside me, and at least one of them will be settling in to stay for, oh, forty weeks or so.

I expect the next few weeks to be a blur of calendars and needles and doctors appointments, but it sure is good to be off the sidelines and back in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?