Sunday, January 6, 2008

Back in the Kitchen

I'm posting this "recipe" not so much because it's that stellar, or because you couldn't figure it out on your own, but because Hey! I cooked something!

Actually, I've been scrambling up egg(beater)s with some stuff in them for the past three days, but this was the prettiest, so I took a photo and decided to share.

Also, there's a surprise (to us) ingredient - spinach!

We didn't really know that we liked fresh spinach, until we had some in a salad at LiPA's house. Of course, we were guests, so we tried a bit of everything and hey - whaddya know - that's pretty darn good.

As I mentioned earlier, we bought a bag of baby spinach salad for New Years Day and enjoyed it so much that we bought some more on Sunday. This time, we got the grown-up kind because it's cheaper.

I also picked up an onion (I was eating on a very sad one for the past few days - definitely past its prime) and a couple of surprisingly good-looking-for-January bellpeppers (one green, one red).

When I got ready to make my egg this morning, I got crazy and decided to use a bit of all those - plus some lunch meat and, of course, cheese.

As I was getting out the ingredients, and had an armful of veggies, Shrike walked through the kitchen and asked, "What are you doing? "

I said, "Scrambling an egg."

"With everything in the refrigerator?"

"Well, yes, evidently."

So, here it is. As usual, most measurements are approximate.

Turkey & Veggie Scramble
1 egg, or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1 oz milk
2 T chopped onion
2 T chopped red bellpepper
2 T chopped green bellpepper
2 T chopped chopped fresh spinach
3 slices deli turkey (chopped)
2 T shredded cheese

  1. Grease up a non-stick skillet in some tasty way. I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, 'cause that's how I roll, but you're welcome to use the real deal. Heat the pan.

  2. Add veggies and meat, stirring until they are warm and soft and cooked-like.

  3. Combine egg and milk in a bowl, and add to skillet. Stir / scrape / scramble until doneish and no longer runny.

  4. Sprinkle cheese on top and stir until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?