Sunday, December 30, 2007

Whew!

We just did the first progesterone in oil injection, which I have really been dreading, but it wasn't bad at all.

It's done with a larger syringe than the estrogen and there's also a larger needle for drawing it up, so that part is much easier, even though it's five times as much, and thicker.

The actual injection is done with the same size needle, though, so the "stick" part itself is no different, it just takes longer to get the medicine out of the needle and into my ass.

That's the part that I've heard is pretty painful and burny, but it wasn't bad.

Before we started, I sat on a heating pad and she rolled the vial around in her hands, to warm up both the muscle and the oil, so it would flow and absorb more easily.

For the shot itself, Shrike narrated, per my request, "I'm about to stab you in the ass. I just stabbed you in the ass. I'm pulling back to check for blood. Now I'm squirting it in your ass, still squirting it in, still squirting . . . and I'm taking it out," and I sang "Jingle Bells" to distract myself and drown out the narration.

Yeah, I know that doesn't make sense, but I both wanted to know what she was doing, and didn't want to think about what she was doing.

I sat on the heating pad for a while afterward, and I'm hoping that gave it a chance to dissipate some.

I guess we'll find out how well that all really worked tomorrow, when we see whether I have a bruise or a knot or a sore ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?